F1op

It’s not all Bernie’s fault. Most of it is, though.Many years ago, my mother established the tradition of getting me a motoring-related calendar for Christmas. She’s still doing it, despite the fact I’ve told her I have no use for calendars outside of Outlook. The best thing I can say for them is that they usually put a nice picture on a small area of the wall for a year.

Unfortunately, in 2003, that picture will be of a Formula 1 car. All year round, I’m going to be reminded of how little I now enjoy a sport that used to have me captivated. From time to time, I’ll even get to smile wryly at the Arrows F1 car staring out at me. *sigh* You know, I really don’t enjoy F1 these days. The only thing about it that I can look forward to is Jacques Villeneuve venting everyone’s frustrations or making a stupidly daring overtaking manoeuvre. That man personifies everything that used to be great about the sport and now he’s pretty much the only fire left in its belly. Shame, damn shame.

Popular posts from this blog

Driving the Tank

Windfall