Scaling back ambitions

Looks like I’m not getting a Honda S2000.

In the end, the seller was looking for a bigger lump of cash than I was willing to offer. I can’t say I’m too upset. Sure, it would’ve been nice, but other factors are starting to determine my next-car policy. I’ve just had an offer accepted on a house I’m looking to buy and had to offer £4k more than I’d hoped. Suddenly, cars worth about £4k less than the Mini are starting to look interesting. :)

In fact, I even stopped off at a Ford garage on the way home to check out a SportKa last night. There’s no way I’d buy from a dealership, but the car was very nice. It was the SE model with Imperial Blue paint — the same colour as a Ford Racing Puma (he says, drooling). They’d clearly raided the Puma parts bin for it too, but it’s still a reasonably attractive option. Not least with evo continuing to rate it.

You might think that a Ka is a major step backwards, but I would expect it to be a short-term thing. And, for once, it would probably turn out to be just that. The more powerful the car, the longer I seem to keep it, so maybe getting a dinky toy for a while would help me achieve my aim of sampling a broader range of driving experiences. The only flaw in the plan is that it’s yet another FF car. As in front-engined, front-wheel-drive, rather than Fast Ford.

Engine and drivetrain layout aside, I wonder what else I can get for 6 grand. I think it’s time I made a list...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driving the Tank

Windfall