Your car for my car?

Would you swap a Honda S2000 for a Mini Cooper S? Well, I’m pinning my hopes on someone doing just that.

Recently, at work, a friend has been considering what car she can get to replace her Suzuki Swift. She’s got a £10k limit and a wishlist that pretty much reads “Must be cute. Preferably a soft-top.” After desperate attempts to dissuade her from getting a Daihatsu Copen, I called in the big guns and suggested a second-hand Honda S2000.

Thing is, it kind of got me thinking about them again. A year or so back, I decided it was time for my next car. Yeah, well, best laid plans and all that. Anyway, one of the cars that made the shortlist was the S2000. While my eventual decision looked to be heading towards a 350Z, circumstances change. I’m currently looking to buy my first house and am hoping to be able to upgrade from the Mini soon after. The S2000’s cheaper second-hand values are now increasingly attractive.

Out of curiosity, I went for a quick surf on Pistonheads. Lo and behold, there’s someone there selling a beautiful looking example and after a hot hatch in part exchange. Not only that, but he’s in Scotland so he might not mind my car’s lack of air conditioning. He’s even asking exactly the same price I was going to ask for the Mini. It couldn’t be more perfect. So, an email’s been sent and I’m now waiting (excitedly) for his reply. Let’s hope it’s a match made in heaven...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driving the Tank

Windfall