7 offers and counting

Two weeks in and still the car’s not sold. But it’s not all bad.

So far, I’ve had 7 people contact me about the Mini, despite it only being advertised on Pistonheads. That’s already 6 people more than ever enquired about the Puma when I put it on Autotrader. Anyway, of the 7, the breakdown is as follows:

  • 2 dealers: one offered too little and had nothing of interest in stock; the other had interesting-but-not-perfect cars, so I decided to hold out
  • 1 scam merchant, at least according to an email I subsequently received from PH
  • 4 people offering part-ex: an ‘05 S2000; a 1990 Elan SE; a highly-tuned TT; and a Y-reg S2000.

Of the part-ex deals, I’ve been most tempted by the S2000’s. The first was too expensive (but nice enough to make me want to stretch my finances) and the second is possibly a little old. And maybe a little too Kev’d up, albeit only with exhaust, alloys and adjustable suspension. I’ve yet to reply to the latter enquiry, but then it only came in an hour ago. Not sure what I’ll say, but I might pass on it. To compound my reluctance, it’s in Dorset, so it would be a mammoth journey just to check it out. We’ll see.

In other news, Phil just got burned by a crappy part-ex when he replaced his Clio with a new Mini. I’m not surprised he hates garages. The most ridiculous part of the story, however, is the fact that you can pick up a brand new Clio like Phil’s for less than the garage is now selling his. I understand they need to make a profit, but it’s daylight frickin’ robbery, if they get away with that. Moral of this tale? NEVER trust garages. :-(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driving the Tank

Windfall