Not so sprightly at sixty

The Mini’s just about to pass the 60k mile mark and, sadly, it seems it’s starting to show its age. The service I had it booked in for when I last blogged on here threw up so many problems that the dealer didn’t even perform the service. Instead, they gave me a list of problems and told me they’d be in touch with estimates. 4 or 5 weeks later and I’ve still not received anything. I hate having to chase idiots just to give them my money. Clearly, business is far too good for them to be hungry. Clearly, they don’t need my business. Wankers.

So, for the time being, I’m driving around with every controllable appendage crossed, hoping to hell that my exhaust stays put. To be fair, mind, I’ve looked at a number of things they said were problems and they simply aren’t. The steering column doesn’t make a grinding noise. The headlamp height adjustment does work. The clutch isn’t poor. Well, not massively. ;) And the exhaust’s support bracket isn’t snapped — it’s just a bit rusty. Are they trying to extort money from me? You be the judge...

Regardless, the whole thing’s taking the shine off Mini ownership again. When you combine it with the bodyshop’s refusal to admit that the peppering of stonechips on my resprayed front bumper is unusual, I’m really on a bit of a downer. I really just need to take a deep breath and splash out the £350 required to fix it. I know I’ll fall in love with the car again once it’s shiny and spotless, but I hate the fact it needs doing. All the while, the car’s state is keeping me from upgrading. Must. Take. Action. Stay tuned to see if I do...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driving the Tank

Windfall