Get bidding!

This post could well end up being a painful read in a few weeks’ time. That’s because I’m about to count my chickens before they’ve hatched. I went to view that 350Z yesterday and... well, I want it badly. It seemed to be in pretty good condition (allowing for the odd mark consistent with its age) and was thoroughly unmodified. Apparently, it hadn’t been out on track either, but I wouldn’t have held it against the guy if it had. Just because it hasn’t been on track, it doesn’t mean it hasn’t been driven by a hooligan on the roads.

Upshot of all of this is that I need to sell the Mini ASAP to get the cash for the Zed. To this end, I’ve dropped the price on Pistonheads to £7750 and have listed the car on Ebay too. I’ve had another couple of part-ex offers come through on PH (neither of which was what I wanted) and, while the actual bidding’s still very low on Ebay, I’ve had 3 people send me questions asking directly for what price I want; one of whom is a mackem, one a Scot and the other a Welsh lad. Frankly, whoever can get me the cash the fastest can have it. I just hope these leads don’t fall through, or I’m staring a rubbish offer from a dodgy dealer in the face. Let’s just hope it doesn’t come to that.

My biggest fear, however, is that someone else gets the Zed while I’m fannying around, scratching together the cash. I’d be gutted. And that’s why this post might prove to be painful reading later on. To mitigate such a situation (in my head, at least), I’m keeping a fall-back position of this lovely 135R...

Comments

Mal said…
Well, ebay failed. Got up to £6301, but that was as far as it went. Disappointing. Back to the dealer, I guess. :(

Popular posts from this blog

Driving the Tank

Windfall