Life is a rollercoaster

Oh, man, what a day. My stomach doesn't know which way to flip.

At lunchtime, I took the car back to the dealer that had offered me £7k for it. Today? £6500, no more. Damn! Turns out they'd watched my auction on Ebay and decided that they could get away with offering less. They even bidded on the thing, apparently. Anyway, I'd feared this would happen and walked away without doing a deal. The Zed was thrown into jeopardy. :-(

All afternoon, I've been doing my best to ignore frustration that bordered on blind rage. I told the owner of the Nissan that I had to re-think things and requested again that he drop his price by £250 to help clinch the deal. He offered a £100 drop. Pissing in the wind, really. Anyway, I've just let it stew since then, giving myself time to think it over. I no longer feel the same pressure to get things resolved, at least. In fact, I even started reconsidering that 135R.

And then, out of the blue, the Zed was handed a lifeline. Within minutes of each other, I got two offers of £6750 in cash from private buyers. (Oh, and another part-ex that I didn't want — a Corrado VR6 this time.) This could get interesting...

The first of the two offers was from someone in Nottinghamshire who'll be in the North East on Friday. Still about an hour South of me, mind, but that's not necessarily that bad. I could book my final half day off work, meet him in York, sell the car, bank the cash, stop overnight with friends and then buy the Zed the next day. Tempting.

The second offer was from someone in Durham. I'm hoping to meet him in Newcastle city centre tomorrow, which would allow me to bank the cash before I hand over the car. If all goes well, I could be without transport tomorrow evening. I'd have to get the train down to York, so I guess I'd better start checking ticket prices... and adding them to the price of the car. ;-)

Comments

Mal said…
Needless to say, both of these 'private' buyers fell through. The first bought a Mini closer to home and the second turned out to be a dealer. And a twat of a dealer at that. Totally messed me around, twice failing to show for appointments.

However, the story doesn't end there. Stay tuned for more posts...

Popular posts from this blog

Driving the Tank

Windfall