Colour considerations

Is colour a valid consideration when buying a second-hand car?

The more I browse the Pistonheads classifieds, the fussier I seem to become about the colour of car I'll accept. And I'm not just talking about dismissing the odd pink Boxster here (odd being the operative word). There's such a wealth of quality used cars on that site, it almost encourages you to be choosy. But is it going too far when you're reluctant to take on a fairly standard silver car?

Thing is, the more I see of graphite and medium silver-coloured cars, the more I think “Hmmmm... I'm not going to catch the eye in that.” And that's not a vanity thing. It's all about the trackdays. If I'm pushing someone, but not quite fast enough to get past cleanly, I at least want to be sure that they see me.

To that end, the Mini's been great and I'd be more than happy to get another red car. The yellow S2000 (that I'm not getting, honest) would be great too. But cars that blend into the sky or the tarmac? Well, I'd choose something else, given the choice. Or, if there were no better choice, I'd seriously consider buying a bright red sunstrip for the top of the windscreen... perhaps with “Prepare to be lapped” on it, in mirror writing. ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driving the Tank

Windfall