Thank god that's all over

Time to explain the silence on here, me thinks. :)

In short: I’ve sold the Mini and now have the red 350Z. Result! The long version’s a little less clear cut in its joyfulness.

First, I sold the Mini to a dealer for £6500 (now being sold for £9000). A week or so back, it would’ve been painful to even type that (hence the lack of posts), but now, I’m pretty much over it. Yes, I got a lot less than the car was worth, but:

  1. The car needed a fair bit of work doing,
  2. They didn’t quibble about the rattles that would’ve put off a private buyer, and
  3. It meant I was able to go and buy the Zed

All in all, it was still a positive move that ended 2 weeks of the worst car-related stress I’ve ever known. Hell, it was so bad that I’d broken out in absolutely manic itching in my hands, feet, forearms and shins. It drove me absolutely nuts and was affecting my sleep.

Anyway, with the cash safely banked, I took a half day off work and hopped on the train down to York with a banker’s draft in hand. I returned later that day in my new car, £15,650 lighter. That was the 19th December. It’s now just become the 27th December, so I’ve had the car a little over a week. It feels like I’ve had it years. Sadly, that’s more an indication of the stress it’s given me than any feeling of well worn comfort. I’ll save the details for a later post, but so as not to finish on a downer, I can at least say matters are improving. :)

Another post I want to make at some point is a retrospective on the Mini. I had that car nearly 5 years — much longer than any other car I’ve had. It would be wrong not to give it a proper farewell. For now, though, it’s time for bed... blissfully free of stress-induced itching. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driving the Tank

Windfall